Sunday, January 1, 2012

IT IS A NEW YEAR AND NOTHING SEEMS TO BE CHANGING!!!

So much for the saying, “hope and change”.  In Concord things never seem to change no matter how much we hope for it.  As a young infantry combat sergeant I was told, “never factor hope or luck into a battle plan”,  and since the combat NCO school I was attending was taught by much more experienced combat NCO’s I thought it best to listen and learn; it worked I’m still here.

Concord is different, I don’t remember who said it; but, someone much smarter than I said something to the affect that the definition of lunacy is to keep trying failed experiments in the hopes one will succeed.  I’m not sure but I think it might have been Einstein, but I will stand corrected when someone sends me the actual quote.

I don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know how bad Concord is being run.  We have just gone through another leadership shakeup.  I don’t think I have had a frappe that was shaken up as much as our leadership team.  Most dictators will get rid of their generals when the war doesn’t go the way they want; this usually shows psychologically rooted problems inherent with dictators.

We have a right to work bill coming back, only this time just for state employees the bill smacks of sour grapes and vindictiveness, the only thing we can hope for is more members of the house want to get on with fixing the state problems and not carrying out some crazy vindictive agenda being promoted by the speaker.

We also have repealing gay marriage on the docket.  I have not supported gay marriage; but, this bill goes too far.  There are a couple of lines in it that tells you how to get pregnant and it cannot be by artificial means like infertility fertilization or other such means.  That is really none of my business and government needs to stay out of those issues.

We will be dealing with guns on public property and colleges.  I have a problem with the way this bill is written since college campuses are notorious for drinking, drugs and partying.  Guns do not belong in that kind of atmosphere and I am a firm supporter of the 2d Amendment.  Are the Free State Anarchists trying to turn NH into the Wild West?

The free stator’s attempts at dismantling our state government are becoming more apparent in the consumer protection field.  They are voting against the pre-buy oil contract protection bill claiming that if you get cheated on a pre-buy oil contract than that is your fault and let the buyer beware.  I think one of less intelligent reps from Hampton claimed you were dumb to get involved in pre-buys.  We will gauge the voter’s intelligence on election day.  I will point these people out to you.

I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year; we are in tough political and economic times but we will live through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment